Vegetable Research Division, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science1
Department of Horticultural Bioscience, Pusan National University2
Life and Industry Convergence Research Institute, Pusan National University3
The distribution of S-haplotypes and genetic relationships were evaluated for 47 accessions of ‘Danji’ radish (
1. Batemen, A.J. 1955. Self-incompatibility systems in angiosperms. III. Crucifierae. Heredity 9:52-68.
2. Kong, Q., X. Li, C. Xiang, H. Wang, J. Song, and H. Zhi. 2011. Genetic diversity of radish (Raphanus sativus L.) germplasm resources revealed by AFLP and RAPD markers. Plant Mol. Biol. Rep. 29:217-223.
3. Lim, S.H., H.J. Cho, S.J. Lee, Y.H. Cho, and B.D. Kim. 2002. Identification and classification of S haplotypes in Raphanus sativus by PCR-RFLP of the S locus glycoprotein (SLG) gene and the S locus receptor kinase (SRK) gene. Theor. Appl. Genet. 104:1253-1262.
4. Lim, S.H., K.T. Kim, S.H. Park, H.J. Cho, H.Y. Park, S.Y. Hwang, M.K. Yoon, I.G. Mok, J.G. Woo, and D.G. Oh. 2006. Identification of S haplotypes in commercial F1 hybrid cultivars of radish by PCR-RFLP analysis. Korean J. Breed. 38:167-172.
5. Muminovic, J., A. Merz, and A.E. Melchinger. 2005. Genetic structure and diversity among radish varieties as inferred from AFLP and ISSR analysis. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 130:79-87.
6. Nasrallah, M.E., J.T. Barber, and D.H. Wallace. 1970. Self- incompatibility proteins in plants: detection. Genetics and possible mode of action. Heredity 25:23-27.
7. Nasrallah, J.B., T.H. Kao, M.L. Goldberg, and M.E. Nasrallah. 1985. A cDNA cloning encoding an S locus specific glycoprotein from Brassica oleracea. Nature 318:263-267.
8. Nasrallah, J.B., T. Nishio, and M.E. Nasrallah. 1991. The self- incompatibility genes of Brassica: expression and the use in genetic ablation of floral tissues. Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. 42:392-422.
9. Rudloff, E. 1991. Results and problems in building up Self- incompatable lines and their use in hybrid seed production of winter rape (Brassica napus L.). Proc. 8th Int. Rapeseed Cong., Saskatoon p. 107-112.
10. Takayama, S., H. Shimosato, H. Shiba, M. Funato, F.S. Che, M. Watanabe, M. Iwano, and A. Isogai. 2001. Direct ligand-receptor complex interaction controls Brasscia self-incompatibility. Nature 413:534-538.
11. Nasrallah, J.B. and M.E. Nasrallah. 1993. Pollen-stigma interaction in the sporophytic self-incompatibility response. Plant Cell 5:1325-1335.
12. Watanabe, M., A. Ito, Y. Takada, C. Ninomiya, T. Kakizaki, Y. Takahata, K. Hatakeyama, K. Hinata, G. Suzuki, T. Takasaki, Y. Satta, H. Shiba, S.Takayama, and A. Isogai. 2000. Highly divergent sequences of the pollen self-incompatibility (S) gene in class-1 S haplotypes of Brassica campestris (syn. Rapa) L. FEBS Lett. 473:139-144.